Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

When wanting to send a Photo from Lightroom CC, PhotoshopCC

and even Dropbox I get...
When wanting to send a Photo from Lightroom CC, PhotoshopCC and even Dropbox I get a message: Unable to send Photo and dropbox advises that there is no email set up for dropbox to use but my gmail works perfectly
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: Gmail on Windows 10 64bit
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Do not recall and are you referring to gmail updates or any updates because I am constantly updating all installed programs
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I seem to remember sending Email easily from lightroom some months or a few years ago
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/19/2017
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please confirm if you were able to send emails from LR or PS or Dropbox before? Or are you trying to set it up recently?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Not needing to send email or have not tried sending emails but only wanting to send photos that I have edited. Lightroom has a dropdown link to send emails which it has already made smaller to send as email bit when I tried putting photos in Dropbox to send as email I get message that dropbox does not have email set uo

Thank you for writing back with that information. But are you trying to send a photo to an email address?

I dont mind secure connect but will need a link or patch download so I can fix the problem if it happens again

Please confirm if you are actually trying to send an edited photo to an email address.

The photo does not have to be edited I just need to send any photo from Lightroom or Photoshop and as I said I even tried Dropbox but Dropbox sends a note that there is no email server available for Dropbox to use to send the photo
Just to mention that my Gmail works OK it seems to be a software setting that is needed to send from Adobe products and Dropbox which is just an automatic storage program

Thank you for writing back. I understand your concerns. But I need to clarify as to what you want to accomplish. You want to send photos directly from LR or PS to an email address. Is that correct?

You mentioned Gmail so I believe you want to email photos directly from LR.

Now, how do you access your Gmail in your Mac?

If you are using a web browser to access your Gmail, that is, you are not using any email program like MS Outlook, then you need to configure your Gmail there in your LR.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

When you click in Lightroom there is a drop down message for email which will scale your photo from RAW or other size to make email go easier. You click on the photo to send and there is a pause and then a message that the email could not be sent but no reason is given. So Lightroom can send the photo but it does not have an email server to use and since my gmail works fine it means that I need a setting up of email for Lightroom to use. I use a Dell laptop with Windows 10 64bit installed

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Best regards,
Jess

I have an Email program which is Gmail and it is linked to Hotmail and it works fine on my laptop. The setup needs to be to get access to settings to send photos from lightroom directly and the software in Lightroom is already set up for that but it needs to connect to gmail directly from Lightroom

That is correct, and I can do that for you through Secure Remote Assistance.

It seems easy enough for an expert and probably is worth $10

I just sent you the minimum offer

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.
For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=648e5de4-c3b0-4b63-86dd-815802bc2dcb

Best regards,
Jess

Hello
I still receive the message Email not sent when I click on the drop down menu in Lightroom to send a photo so the problem is not resolved!
Jess Bouwer

Please tell me when you are available to resume with remote access so that I can connect again and fix the problem.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist