Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Domain joined PC's Active directory user account get's

Customer Question
Domain joined PC's Active directory...
Domain joined PC's Active directory user account get's locked out repeatedly with message: the referenced Account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to"
How can I resolve this issue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
8/7/2017
Software technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 1 year ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Serge and I will try my best to answer your question

HOw many computers are in the domain and how many computers are having this issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
100plus computers and only one user having the issue

If this is happening to only one computer, then probably use has their old password ***** somewhere on the PC.

Try going to "Credentials" and see if there is anything saved here.

usually it happens when user tries to access resource with incorrect password ***** many times.

You can unlock that user from AD Users and Computers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
User has cleared the credentials from credential manager too.Yet it happens .We have also unlocked that user account from AD users and Computers

Also, it could be that someone else is trying to access network with that user's username and locking that user out.

check in logs on the DC to see if anything comes up with that user there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checked and it's not the case
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it possible that some service is configured related to installed software using user account and old password?If so how can I trace which service is the one to check?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also can I resolve this via secpol.msc?

Event Viewer would do

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Event viewer > security logs

yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm unable to locate for the user from eventviewer.Is there an easy way out to track this.Perhaps powershell, to see on what PC /Server the user may have some service configured mapped to his domain username?

I recommend my customers using Netwrix for this type of tracking/logging, but as far as powerhell - I am not sure, I will opt out and another expert might have an idea

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi seeking a solution for this issue since user getting locked out repeatedly
Software technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hi Werner here

Can you check on the affected pc in event viewer under Security logs for Event ID 4625

It will give you more details.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks resolved now by checking event Id details