Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

My first question must be....how does payment or rates work…

Customer Question
My first question must...

My first question must be....how does payment or rates work for your services?

Technician's Assistant: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.

Is it by time or how are charges calculated and what is the average fee?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the average charge?

Technician's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

How much would an average cost be?

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Computer Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

OK... I am running Adobe Premier elements 14 on my mini mac. I also have Photoshop....

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Elements?

I store most of my videos and pictures on an external drive. When I asked elements to import my video and pictures, it stopped 1/4 way through saying there was not enough room on my start up drive. Can I set all my Adobe software to use the external drive and if so how would I do it please?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Elements?

Nothing... I am a windows person!!!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?

No, I dont think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/7/2017
Software technician: UranIT, Network Administrator replied 6 months ago
UranIT
UranIT, Network Administrator

You would need to change location of your imports, so this way files to not go to your system C drive.

Location can be changed by going to Edit > Preferences > Files

Let me know if you need additional assistance with this

I see you were able to read my answer.. were you able to change directory or do you need additional help?

I am unsure... I tried to import it again after changing the folder but found the cache presented a problem being on the start up drive also. I have now changed that to the external drive also and have restarted the import. Hopefully it will not stop againbut run through to the conclusion.

I can connect to your computer and check all settings if you'd like

Unfortunately it has not worked. Files are still being imported into the files on the start up disk despite my changing the files as you suggested. Having paid over twenty dollars a word for your last answer, I cannot afford more.

I sent you an offer with a discounted amount... let me know if you want to continue

Hi UranIT, I do not feel comfortable giving control of my computer and thus my personal information to someone I do not know. I believed the information given on the site... you would assist me solve my problem...'chatting one - one. I did not expect requests for subscriptions...to pay $20.00 a word...or pay more for someone to invade my computer!
Software technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

If you need to make your External Hard Disk as Startup Disk, you need to install OS on that disk and then make that disk as startup disk.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Startup Disk.

2. If necessary, click the lock icon , then type an administrator name and password.

3. Click the icon of the disk you want to use, then click Restart.

Please Refer this KB article also.

Regards
Jins

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer