Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I have a MacBook Pro with the latest Photoshop creative

Customer Question
I have a MacBook...

I have a MacBook Pro with the latest Photoshop creative cloud I'm trying to view metadata in my layers so that I can see what I've done to my images

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Photoshop?

It's a fresh download just done earlier this week

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
8/5/2017
Software technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

You can add basic metadata with metadata templates. Check this video tutorial. For associating review comments, production notes, or other information with the image you can use Notes. Please check this KB article to know how to use Notes.

Regards
Jins

What I really need is to see the layered metadata.. or what I have done to the picture.
  • To specify the metadata that appears in the Metadata panel, do one of the following:

• Choose Preferences from the Metadata panel menu.
    • Choose Edit > Preferences and then select Metadata from the list on the left.
  • Select the metadata fields that you want to display in the Metadata panel. (You should select Edit History to see the edits meta)

• Select the Hide Empty Fields option to hide fields with no information in them.

• Click OK.

Note: The History Log preference must be turned on in Photoshop for the log to be saved with the file’s metadata.

To see Meta Data on a text file, import it into a document

• Select one or more files.

• Choose File > File Info.

• Choose Import from the pop-up menu at the bottom of the dialog box.

Note: You must save a metadata template before you can import metadata from a template.

• Specify how you want to import the data:

Clear Existing Properties And Replace With Template Properties

Replaces all metadata in the file with the metadata in the XMP file.

Keep Original Metadata, But Replace Matching Properties From Template

Replaces only metadata that has different properties in the template.

Keep Original Metadata, But Append Matching Properties From Template

(Default) Applies the template metadata only where no metadata value or property currently exists in the file.

• Click OK.

• Navigate to the XMP text file and click Open.

Regards

Jins

One more question... how do ai see the layers in the mac version?? I can't find that option.to see the layers and what was done within them..

I think you meant, you can't see the Layer pane. If so, on the top menu click Window >Layers

Jins M. N.
    Jins M. N.
    Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer