Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My lenova yoga 2 stopped charging after just 15 months. The…

Customer Question
My lenova yoga 2...

My lenova yoga 2 stopped charging after just 15 months. The cord was checked at Best Buy and found to be OK. Any ideas

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your ThinkPad?

Windos 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I quit using it and bought another computer

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/5/2017
Software technician: david, Software Guru replied 11 months ago
david
david, Software Guru

I would be glad to help. First to better understand your problem, even though the laptop no longer charges, when you plug-in the power cord does the laptop detect that it is plugged in? You should see the battery icon in the taskbar change when the cord is plugged in. It will change from a battery icon, to a battery icon with a small plug next to it. Can you do this simple test for me please?

battery icon does not light
Software technician: Emanuel Flores,
 replied 11 months ago
Emanuel Flores

I see your having an issue with your Lenovo Yoga not charging properly.

Perhaps I can be of assistance?

do you have any ideas
Software technician: Emanuel Flores,
 replied 11 months ago

T​he issue here could come down to the following hardware failures:

1. ​Bad battery - the battery is probably the issue here with it not taking in the charge from the charger. May need to be replaced.
  2. Bad DC Jack - The port where you insert the ac adapter into your laptop could be defective. Only way to find out is to remove the battery and try to power on the laptop with just the charger.
  3. Motherboard - This would be the last thing to consider if the first two options aren't the issue.
Software technician: Emanuel Flores,
 replied 11 months ago

Does your Lenovo Yoga still have warranty coverage?

Software technician: Emanuel Flores,
 replied 11 months ago

H​ere's what the dc jack looks like so you have an idea of what it looks like: http://www.dcxpower.com/images/CB/B174211.jpg

Software technician: Emanuel Flores,
 replied 11 months ago

I​ read the charger was checked out by Best Buy so you can rule the charger being the issue here. Only thing remains which could be at fault here is the actual battery, dc jack or the motherboard.