Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Trying to disable mcafee, none of what I find on the

Customer Question

trying to disable mcafee, none of what I find on the internet matches what I have. There is no firewall button. I have mcafee security scan plus
JA: What Mcafee model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: windows 10, how do I find the mcafee model ?
JA: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to temporarily disable mcafee so I can install software. Been trying 2 days. I have mcafee security scan plus
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: I want to disable mcafee or temporarily disable the firewall
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: I have tried looking for the firewall button. there is no firewall button
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have looked at a lot of instructions on the internet on how to disable mcafee or the mcafee firewall and none of it fits what I find when I click on the mcafee icon
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you getting any error message when you try to install your software?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess