Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I got a notice my Avast price is going to be $79.99 on

Customer Question

I got a notice my Avast price is going to be $79.99 on August 14th and I am wondering why the price jumped about $25 in one year.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: No idea.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: Software
Expert:  John Lohr replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Your Avast Plan may have been changed somehow. You can review and change your plan here:

https://www.avast.com/store

Does this answer your question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. In fact, I just got a notice from my credit card company that I was charged $48 which they view as suspicious. All I wanted to know was why my bill jumped with Avast to $79. And now I want to know why I was just charged $48.

You plan on avast got changed to the higher priced plan somehow so will need changed back. As for the $48 charge, that was for this service. This is JustAnswer.com where we provide answers to questions you ask for a fee. You paid a $5 deposit to ask and then the remaining balance when we were connected so I could help to answer your question

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Remove the $5 and $43 from my credit card. I do not want to use you. I have informed my credit card company who is questioning this purchase.

I do not handle billing. You will have to go here to request a refund: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Have a great day!