Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I use remote desktop a lot to access client systems. The…

Customer Question
I use remote desktop a...
I use remote desktop a lot to access client systems. The annoying thing is that it only seems to save 10 IP addresses which makes me constantly type in addresses and user IDs. Is there any to increase it over 10?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
7/31/2017
Software technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

What version of Windows are you using?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 7

Please do the following for me:

1. Right click the start button and select "Properties"
  2. Select the "Start Menu" tab at the top
  3. Click "Customize"
  4. Increase the value of the "Jump Lists" option at the bottom
  5. Press "Ok"

Let me know if this works for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see it, but both jump lists and recent programs are disabled. Can't change the values.

Hit "Use Default Settings" and see if that allows you to change the value

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope, but I had to go through all the settings and restore to what I had!

Are you not the Administrator of your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am admin of this computer. I am also the domain admin but with a different ID/PW.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All the other Windows 7 machines can change that setting.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, my setting defaults to zero. The others come up with settings of 10.

Do you have any other settings that would be in control of that causing conflict?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No idea. Never even heard of jump lists until today.

Does it let you change the option on your other account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can change it on the other Windows 7 computers in the office.

What about this computer with another account signed in?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, figured it out. Thanks anyway.

What was it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Setting under privacy on start menu tab. boxes have to be checked.

Great, so you changed the Jump list settings and can store more IP's now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I can't. I can just change that setting and I changed it to 20 and it still only stores 10 settings. I rebooted the machine and it makes no difference!

Being that it did not work, you may want to look into 3rd party remote access software such as TeamViewer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've used that and it's not right for what I want. I merely want to be able to store more than 10 entries in the RDP window.

Being that the changing the jump list value didn't work, it appears to not be possible to store more than 10 entries