Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Using my facebook account message came on that I had a virus…

Customer Question
Using my facebook account...

Using my facebook account message came on that I had a virus gave me number to call did it said I had avirus by name of clampi Trojan and now they said can fix it but I have a year contact with u but cannt find number can u help

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Facebook?

I have never did anything i don't know a whole lot with computers i signed up with adobe feb. 6 2017

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Facebook?

I haven't done anything since got message afraid too

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Software
7/29/2017
Software technician: John, Software Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
John, Software Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

This is a scam to make you take their service.Did you gave them access to your computer ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

If you haven't gave them access to your computer then it's OK.if you can find the person who send you this message in the facebook report him as a spammer also if he/she is in your friends list unfriend him/her.There are lots of such scam now a days going on so avoid replying to such scammers also do not open any of the files they send.

To make sure your PC is clean and secure i suggest you get malwarebytes antimalware from this link http://www.malwarebytes.org/ download and install it then update it and run a full system scan. This won’t work as a real time malware protector unless you purchase it so if you are planning to use its free version. You need to update it and run the scan once or twice in a month to make sure the system is clean.
I hope that answers your question if not please do let me know.

If you do not have any further questions please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,