Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I'm looking for a good anti-ransomware/anti-virus computer

Customer Question

I'm looking for a good anti-ransomware/anti-virus computer that will protect a small medical office full of patient information. I definitely don't want it to be too resource heavy to the point it'll slow down our computers. Hoping for something affordable. Any suggestions?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

If you are using Windows OS (Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10) on your computers, I highly recommend Malwarebytes Antimalware. It is very good in protecting my computers for a decade now and its updates are real time protecting you from the latests of online threats like the ransomeware that destroyed thousands of computers and and data recently.

There are mainly 2 versions of the product. The FREE version and the PRO version. Since it will be deployed in a business environment, it is highly recommend that you buy the PRO license. But you can always try it first using the FREE version and you can upgrade any time.

Here is the link for you:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is that the $49.99/year option that I'm seeing? That'd cover my entire office?How is this versus Kaspersky Small Business?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It doesn't seem that malwarebytes does anti-virus....
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

It is an antimalware software, a lot better than Kaspersky since it can detect malwares and viruses and other threats that Kaspersky and other antivirus software CANNOT detect/remove.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

The license is per computer. The Premium version is 39.99 per year, but if you buy several licences for your several computers, it will be lesser.

For business version, called the "Malwarebytes Endpoint Security", it is 57.99 per year per PC.