Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

My song on google play music is skipping. Samsung S7

Customer Question
my song on google play...
my song on google play music is skipping
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Samsung S7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
7/14/2017
Software technician: Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer

Is it only this one song that is skipping?

Where did you get the file from?

If you transfer that file to another device, like a computer, does it still skip?

We are trying to narrow down what the root cause of the problem is. If you can answer my questions, I should be able to provide you with an explanation.

More than one song and I've gotten them off of Google Play store and some from my old phone

Have you tried transferring the file(s) to a computer to see if it still happens?

Also, can you describe the skipping? Is it playing, then buffering? Or is it playing continually, and the audio just is not constant?

Lastly, has your phone always done this? Or is it a new development?

It may be playing and then buffering and it just started this lately

Are you connected via wifi? Or are you using your cell connection?

Cell phone connection

If you connect via wifi, does the issue go away? Or get noticeably different? I think I know what the root cause is, but need to verify.

Not by wifi will check when i get home

OK, if the wifi connection changes the outcome, then the problem is the buffering with your cell connection. There isn't much you can do about that, the cell connection speed is the cell connection speed. Sometimes it will be great, sometimes it will be mediocre, and other times terrible.

If there is no difference, if the song skips in the exact same place every time you play it whether you are on wifi or cell, let me know and we will talk about the next possible steps. But I think we are already on the right track.

Ok

When you have a moment, please take a short second and grant me a rating! They are very valuable to us and provides us with valuable feedback with which to improve our Q&A system of support assistance.

Now playing fine

Then I can definitively say that this is due to your cell connection.

It will be intermittent. Sometimes it will come through perfectly, other times it will not. The way that you can eliminate this is by:

1. Transferring the files to your phone instead of playing them from an online source.

2. Use wifi. Wifi bandwidth is much larger and more reliable than your cell network.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on this, but I am pretty certain that this is the issue, and that what I suggested is the only way to resolve it.

Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Computer Engineer