Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Cannot use the cd. HP

Customer Question
Cannot use the cd ...

Cannot use the cd

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

HP

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
5/15/2017
Software technician: ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast replied 1 year ago
ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to justAnswer!

When you say you "cannot use the CD," what do you mean? Do you mean you put a disc in and nothing happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HP Pravilion yes put the disc in and nothing happens!

Okay, has it worked properly for you in the past?

Also, what kind of disc is it? Are you trying to install a program?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is an instructional CD I would like to talk but not for another $39

The remote assistance offer is optional. We can continue working over the chat.

Do you know what version of Windows you're running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 10

Okay, if you look down on your taskbar at the bottom you should see an icon that looks like a manilla folder. Click that and it should open up your file explorer.

When that window opens, click on This PC on the left. That should open a window on the right where you can see your CD drive.

Right-click on the CD drive and a pop-up menu should come up. Try that and tell me if there's an INSTALL or RUN option at the top of the pop-up menu.

Are you still with me? Did you have any luck with that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
opened manilla folder after a few minutes the message is not responding

At what point did it say "not responding"? Did you click on This PC on the left?

You seem to have stepped away from your computer so I am going to opt out of this question so that another Expert can assist you. You will be notified when there's another reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am now available
Software technician: Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist replied 1 year ago
Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist

Hold the Windows Key and Press E. Right click the CD / Disc and choose Open, and tell me if you see any thing related to a executable setup file?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CD/Disk does not appear

Does it appears with your other discs? What was the drive letter when it worked?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have not used this with other CDs

Can you try as we need to troubleshoot this.

To see if the disc is faulty, or the drive.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK how to check?

Put in another disc in the drive and see if it shows up

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Only one CD drive

Please open Device Manager, and tell me what you see under Disk Drives. I think it would be best to do this remotely because of the limited information. However, choice is yours.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Disk Drives
DVD/CD-ROM

It looks like the disc is faulty. The drive is fine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
close this

welcome.