Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Can you discuss the installation of the Dragon

Customer Question

Can you discuss the installation of the Dragon NaturallySpeaking on Firefox? I have been unable to do so and receive a message that the "whatever the connector is called" as not been installed or has been removed. I have attempted to install this several times now. It works for hours to days and then is disabled. It may be my fault in the installation. When I attempt to install it, there are 2 pages of instruction and that this is followed by advertisements. I did not find a place trip to press a button to say install all completed or any indication that the program had been accepted.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Are you referring to the computer. I've had this Dell for about 3 years and are similar PCs for 15
JA: No. I'm the Email Technician's Assistant. How do you access your email most often? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Through a web browser. Firefox which apparently is the difficulty here because the message indicates that the "connector" to Firefox has not either been installed or has been disabled. I have been unable to install it
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Well I haven't tried any. I did not know where to go. They did give a phone number which now I'm unable to locate and would you be able to pass me on to the technician that normally handles installations for new were purchases
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I cannot connect to Firefox with a new program. It does connect for a brief time and then is disabled. I receive a message saying that the "connector or whatever it is called" has not been installed and then I go ahead and install it again, and it works, but the installation process consists of 2 pages of instructions which I follow. This is then followed by a page of advertisements or office for something or other. At no stage did I press a button indicating install or accepted and I did not receive a message to indicate that it had been accepted.
Category: Software
Expert:  Moses C replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you today.
what version of windows is installed on the computer.

How are you installing Dragon Naturally speaking software on your computer is it on a disk or its a downloaded install file?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
disk
Expert:  Moses C replied 5 months ago.

When can we continue the conversation for troubleshooting and fixing the issue