caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer
Experience:  You one stop software Engineer
75835320

I have premiere elements 12. when I down my photos to the

Customer Question

I have premiere elements 12. when I down my photos to the timeline I have black boxes on either side and an orange strip on top. If I start with photos should they be a certain size.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Sony only two years old
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I still have elements 11 and 12 on my computer
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Should I delete 11 from the computer
Category: Software
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The photos and video are from my Samsung 7 phone Do I have to resize them before I can put them on the timeline? If so what size should they be.
Ethel
Expert:  caraleneK replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Black bars indicate a mis-match between the source footage, and the Project Preset. If your camera records as 1440 x 1080, that is the Project Preset that should be used. If you choose a different Preset, then there is likely to be black bars, regardless of the Export/Share. What is the Project Preset that you chose? Run this software on one of the file it free http://www.headbands.com/gspot/ will show info on your file.

We need to make 100% sure you are using the correct project and output settings?

Waiting your feedback