Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have a message on my pc locking my computer saying I have

Customer Question

I have a message on my pc locking my computer saying I have a corrupted license....I can go around it when I press Microsoft but the talking message keeps on...This happened 2 weeks ago after I purchase my pc!! I called the # it gave me and an oriental person argued with me and I finally hung up....I am handicapped and need my computer for different things....I'm tired of this junk----what do I do??? THANKS~~~
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: windows 10...HP laptop....just bought a month or so ago ,,,new
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not to my knowledge just renewed my Vipre...Have had on our computers for years,,,
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.....
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. I believe this is a malware infection. Do you have an active antivirus protection on your computer?

Also, are you using the problem (infected) computer right now to chat with me?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this is the computer..I can use it by going around this block they have put on my main page...... I have Vipre protection and have had it on our computers for years!!! No matter what I do, I can't block out the audio part telling me that my pc has a corrupted contract .......Don't like it at all.....can't enjoy my computer!!!!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the issues.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen? I can cleanup your infected system through Secure Remote Assistance.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have just put $5 + $31 more on my charge card for answers-----now $39 more??? I want the refund of my money I previously put on it.......very upset, mad ,and NOT satisfied in the least bit!!!! Ya'll must be working together!!!!!!!! I am promised a refund and I want it-----not happy or impressed at all!!!!!!!!! JK
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi JK,

I am very sorry about the confusion. The 39 is for Secure Remote Assistance. Like I mentioned, it is an "optional additional service" offer and we can proceed without it if you are not willing to pay.

However, in your situation where a thorough cleanup is required, remote access is the best option so that I can directly fix the problem myself while you watch, instead of just giving you the procedures for you to follow. It can worsen the situation if you cannot follow the exact procedures.

I will send you a formal offer with the minimum fee (10) and you have the option to accept it or not. I really want to help you with this and remote access is the best option forward.

If you do not want to continue and want a refund instead, yes, you can request a refund since we guarantee our service, here is the link about refunding:

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

If you choose to accept the offer, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session after accepting.

Thank you,

Jess