Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have been a customer of Avast for quite some time. Back in

Customer Question

I have been a customer of Avast for quite some time. Back in December 2016 I had some issues with viruses and malware infecting my computer. I contacted you for help. After your evaluation you advice the issue required your expert technical support that would cost $199 and the service would cover my computer for one year. This was on 12/31/2016. I went ahead and paid you with my VISA card. The problem was resolved. Last Friday I contacted you again because I have been experiencing some malware issues again. After an initial evaluation from your "experts" I was transferred to another outfit that required an additional fee in order to fix my problems. Needless to say I was not happy with their response, so that's why I am contacting you again so you can be explained what was the coverage I was getting when I paid you $199 for one full year of coverage and service.
JA: The Software Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: What was the coverage of the $199 for a full year?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: This is a desktop with Microsoft windows 10.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only the ones that Microsoft downloads automatically.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Software
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. You are contacting us here at JustAnswer.com and I can surely assist you in cleaning up your computer. But regarding the $199 you mentioned, if you are paying Avast that amount, I have no idea since I am a tech from JustAnswer.

Are you using the problem computer right now?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess