Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I was working on a file and now it is locked. How do I

Customer Question
I was working on...

I was working on a file and now it is locked. How do I unlock it?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Pc Window 7 CS5

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I know of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

I was working on the file and I thought I saved it but when I looked for it again it told me the file didn't exist.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
3/21/2017
Software technician: Michael Hannigan, IT Expert replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Can you tell me exactly what you mean by the file being "locked"?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The icon that would be a file has a huge LOCKED and a lock on it. It is a function of inDesign.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry. Not interested. Please cancel my Membership.

I'm sorry. Not interested in what? We are discussing the question you asked. I am confused.

I see you are using InDesign. You didn't mention that in the original information. Now I know the lock to which you are referring.