IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

IT Miro, you got my network sharing to work sort

IT Miro, you got my network sharing to work sort of...Desktop can see files on other computers but cannot open them. Other PCs can see and open files on the desktop computer. All PCs using Windows 10 professional. I think the problem may be with credentials; I do not recall setting up passwords.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Thanks for requesting me!

I am sorry to see there is a problem with the file sharing. Note that you don't need to manually set up passwords when sharing the files in the home group since Windows 10 does that for you automatically. However, if you cannot access the files, please type here the error message you see once you attempt to access the files on other computers, and I will let you know how to fix the problem.

Thanks,

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Getting error "You might not have permission to use this network resource.....A device attached to the system is not functioning" (two PC's). Asks for network credentials for the same two PC's. Credential manager has an 8 character password ***** I do not know what it is. For some PC's can only access from the Network whereas as for one other can also access from Komegroup but the files on network vs Homegroup are not identical.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, waiting for IT Miro
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, anybody there?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will try again later.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Order ID: 17034203-373
Thanks for requesting me! I am sorry to see there is a problem with the file sharing. Note that you don't need to manually set up passwords when sharing the files in the home group since Windows 10 does that for you automatically. However, if you cannot access the files, please type here the error message you see once you attempt to access the files on other computers, and I will let you know how to fix the problem.
Thanks, ***** *****
Getting error "You might not have permission to use this network resource.....A device attached to the system is not functioning" (two PC's). Asks for network credentials for the same two PC's. Credential manager has an 8 character password ***** I do not know what it is. For some PC's can only access from the Network whereas as for one other can also access from Homegroup but the files on network vs Homegroup are not identical.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No one has connected to my PC yet

Hello again! I was away when you replied, so another Expert had accepted the request for a Secure Remote Assistance. If you haven't been contacted by another Expert yet, you can check with the JustAnswer customer service to see what happened. Here is the contact link:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did notify customer service. Could you pick this up?

If another Expert hasn't contacted you yet, and you would like me to continue instead, I can do it. Let's proceed with a secure remote assistance. Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.

Link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4485e459-6813-4b44-8b78-67f18a2dc0f8

When a new web page opens, click on the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

In case the link doesn't work for you, let me know.

We have not been connected yet.
Does the link I sent you work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not check my PC last night. Just clicked on the link you sent but I just went to a page with Q&As; no green I agree button for the download. I need to go out now and will be back around 5PM or so. Perhaps it would be best to schedule a time tomorrow.

Hello again!

The link I sent you has expired. Let me know when you are available so we can proceed with a Secure Remote Assistance. I will then send you a new link.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can be available any time after 4PM today, 2/2/17.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
IT Miro, are you available now?

Hello! I am available now.

Here is a new link for a Secure Remote Assistance:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=56f1bd22-b525-463c-90c4-b87dcd644bca

Connected.

All the problems have been successfully solved via secure remote assistance. Everything should work properly now.

For any other issue, feel free to contact me again. Here is my JustAnswer profile page where you can request me directly for any computer-related question in the future:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-it-miro/

Regards,