Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My computer has been seized by a bot or virus: starting at

Customer Question

My computer has been seized by a bot or virus: starting at 7:50 this evening I got a long string of messages from Daemon that my message to x address could not be delivered. I sent none of them. My customer number is ***** Nancy C. Cooper
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's a Lenovo pc, a few years old; my wife is looking for something with the model number. She runs Windows 10 or 10.1, I think 10.1 -- they upgraded behind our back. --
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not intentionally. Sometimes they come in unbidden -- we do not remember anything recent. One of our relatives got a message about a week ago that looked suspicious, said to come from Nancy's address. Then nothing until just now.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all I can think of.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch on your screen? Through Secure Remote Assistance, I can perform cleanup and optimization of your computer while you watch on your screen.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess