Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega,
Experience:  Tech Support annalist at Dell
96816985

Second opinion] Can't install .NET Framework on Win 7

Customer Question

Second opinion] Can't install .NET Framework on Win 7 proAttempted to install Quicken 2017 - didn't complete. Tried to revert system to immediately prior restore point - didn't complete..NET Framework corrupted by attempt to install Quicken 2017. Couldn't use previous Quicken 2016 or Jing or several other programs that rely on .NET Framework.Couldn't install .NET Framework on Win 7 pro - would not complete.Framework Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643), "Fatal error during installation"Tried using .NET Framework "fixit" and .NET Framework "cleanup" then install Framework. Subsequent attempt to install .NET Framework 4.3- didn't complete.Still can't use Quicken 2016 or Jing or several other programs that rely on .NET FrameworkBeyond my knowledge now - help pleaseClive Burton - Subscriber
Category: Software
Expert:  Alex Lako replied 9 months ago.

Hi Clive,

My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you with this problem.

There are times where an install or uninstall of the .NET framework does not work, and any attempts at fixing the problems fails. I have personally experienced them myself.

Fortunately Microsoft has provided a fixit tool for .NET, and this version covers the .NET 4.X versions.

Here is the link for it. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2698555

Download the software, and then run it as Administrator.

After the tool completes, please reboot your computer, and check to see that your previous software runs now.

If they do, then have a quick look in your Control Panel under Programs, and click on the Uninstall A Program.

If you see Quicken 2016 there, uninstall it before trying to re-install it.

If there is no Quicken 2016 listed, then you can run the Install program as Administrator (right-click on the setup program, and select Run as Administrator.

Please let me know of the outcome of these steps.

If you were able to run Quicken 2016, then congratulations, we were successful. and please take a moment, and rate my service to you.

Thank you,

Alex

Expert:  Elgin Vega replied 9 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will try my besto to help you with this request

Have you try the fix it in this link?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2698555

If doest work we can use teamviewer for a remote session