Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I loaded Libre Office and it says it is not set up

Customer Question

I loaded Libre Office and it says it is not set up correctly--can you fix it? I have also lost Yahoo as my homepage. Something asked for bookmarks keeps popping up.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Toshiba lap top.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't know--when I loaded the office it went to mal-ware and some Stak thing. I have been trying to uninstall all of this stuff. Computer is slow--probably
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is slow, slow. It says the Libre has an error to keep me from printing.
Category: Software
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 7 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem (I am using LibreOffice too!). My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problems for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text-based chat instead, just let me know.

Please reply in the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck