GeekGal
GeekGal, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years Experience in IT
76665483

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE Servicer" HP desktop,

Customer Question

Acrobat failed to connect to a DDE Servicer"
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP desktop
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Auto update mid December. Version 15.020.20042
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: One pfd frozen inscreen. Cannot delete or min imize. Also, cannt uninstall Acrobat
Category: Software
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

I'll also need to know what version of Adobe Acrobat you have. Is it Adobe Acrobat Reader or is it a full version of Adobe Acrobat?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

If it is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, please try to remove DC using Cleaner tool found here: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs. After installing and running the tool, restart the computer and then reinstall Adobe Reader DC from here: Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!