Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have had all of my computers hacked and last 3 mobile

Customer Question

I have had all of my computers hacked and last 3 mobile phones hacked and found out I have had someone remotely logging in for the last 6 years. I am not computer literate or technology literate whatsoever so just trying to figure out how to stop all of this.
JA: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: I am pretty sure it is someone in my home so it would not make a difference, however would love to find a way to catch them.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, however on laptop the computer guy is having issues with installing updates and he cannot figure out why. He currently is working on my computers.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Connect me? I am currently on my iPhone 6
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim, and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you.

Please provide more detail - There is a very, very, very slight chance you have been being targeted for six years on multiple devices....please explain.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
A tech found remote logging in the event viewer but I am now being blocked from seeing many things on the event viewer, 2 years ago they found 26 Trojans, 234 other issues (not sure what, they didn't put it in the paperwork or explain), and another host on computer. Pretty sure the same thing is happening. There are things on family members phone from my phones and computers that should not be there through a little detective work that I have done myself and getting a lot of crashes and bugs in iPhone according to diagnostics and usage. Earlier in year found up addresses in computer that were in mine but no longer able to see any of that through TCP view. Another tech found pics on computer of everywhere I am going, and doing on computers, among other things.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.

OK, none of that suggest a hack. Sounds like some stuff is perhaps syncing to devices - Finding "remote log in attempts" in event viewer is not very alarming. The trojans and what not are on many peoples computers. I'd have to take a deeper look to know for sure, but this more sounds like confusion than a 6 year long hack - There are no 6 year long hacks, it doesn't happen....

Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.

Hackers do not jump from PCs to phones very easily, and there would need to be a reason to do so, especially for 6 years, it makes no sense. I'd like to remote into the PC that is "targeted" if possible.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My computer is not here at this time which is why I am using iPhone. Will be picking them up this weekend.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.

understood, then maybe we should take a look tomorrow, some of this does not match up, i need to take al ook at it first hand.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, thanks
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.

let me know.