Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

For some reason I can't open any of my InDesign CC5 files or

Customer Question

for some reason I can't open any of my InDesign CC5 files or the application. It says I need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime. When I go to get it - after download it will not allow me to enter my password.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Mac user for over 15 years
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I added OnOne RAW to my applications
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Software
Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

Hey there, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. It sounds like your mac is not liking your admin password ***** install the java runtime file correct?

Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

The first and easiest thing to try is to reset your password ***** "users and groups" from within the system preferences but you might have already tried this so here is a another way to try:

Every Mac has a main user account called “root,” which is the system account that’s used to launch the essential background services required for your Mac to operate. While this account is generally hidden and inaccessible, you can quickly get to it for its administrative capabilities by booting your Mac into single-user mode.

To proceed you’ll need to know the short name of the account for which you would like to reset the password, and then perform the following steps:

• Restart your Mac and hold down Command-S at the boot chimes.
  • When you see the command prompt, enter the following command to put the boot drive into read and write mode:

mount -uw /

• Now run the following command to load Open Directory (Apple’s account directory service in OS X):

launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.opendirectoryd.plist

• Reset the password ***** your user account by entering the following command (replace “username” with the short name of the desired account)

passwd username

Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know what happens. If this in any reason helped with your issue, please consider rating me.

Thanks.