Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I'm trying to download the latest version of iTunes so that

Customer Question

Hello. I'm trying to download the latest version of iTunes so that I can update my phone. The download goes about 3/4 complete and then I get the error message: Problem with the Windows Installer package" A rogram required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel.
JA: Just to clarify, how often have you been getting this particular message?
Customer: Just started last week. Keep trying but no luck
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I tried to install an update to Adobe Acrobat a few weeks ago and got a similar message
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so ....
Category: Software
Expert:  comp_audio replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today. Please give me a minute to review your issue and get back to you. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your patience. Please tell me when was the last time you did a complete shut down and then powered your pc back on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Today. Actually every time I use the computer

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any anti-virus and anti-malware installed?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I would prefer if you would just tell me how to fix the problem.

While I would love to simply give you a straight answer, often times things like what your experiencing can be caused by one of several things. It could be a virus, malware and in come cases hardware failures. First thing I recommend is downloading and installing Malwarebytes which is a great, free malware scanner. You can find it here. https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbam_current/ After you run it let it scan your pc and repair what it finds. Then do a reboot and try the installs of iTunes and Adobe again and let me know.

Please tell me if you were able to run the scan and if so did it find anything and clean it?

Hello! Please tell me where we are at with the iTunes issue you were having problems with?