Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I can't get the gaussian shadow feature to come up on screen

Customer Question

I can't get the gaussian shadow feature to come up on screen to work with. Can't even find the icon as pictured in the Welcome screen of Corel 8x.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: A Dell optiplex GX620.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes. I had to. Windows 10 forced it's way onto my computer and then Corel 6X couldn't work with it and I had to buy and install that. I'm a little miffed now that i can't find these supposed free new features that came with it.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't expect you to work with this, but the computer got real slow after all the updates. I was told to defragged and found out what i already thought was true, that it constantly defragged itself. Help me find the Corel temp files again and I will take notes about the path so i can do it myself in the future.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 11 months ago.

To start with, Ive installed x6 on windows 10.. It can be made to run, and to run reliably.. With that being said, The gausian shadow / blur is accessed a bit differently in x8.

1. Click Object > Create > New lens.
    • If you want to create a lens that covers only part of the image, first define an editable area by using one of the mask tools.
  2. Choose Gaussian blur from the Lens type list.
  3. Type a name in the Lens name box.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Move the Radius slider to adjust the amount of blurring.

If you get stuck or have further questions or want to discuss reinstall x6, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.