Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

No Computer problem. It is a Facebook problem relating to

Customer Question

No Computer problem. It is a Facebook problem relating to the site of Ipswich Genealogical Society Inc. I, ****** ******, am a member of that Group (Immediate past secretary) and our Facebook page has been neglected by the manager of the site (not a Member of the Society), since it was set up. we believe it was set up by the person we engaged to set up our Web Page. That person has not responded to contact asking her to either tell our executive members how to get to that account or talk to us to come to some arrangement so that responsible members of the Society can access the site to add correct information about the Society including our new place of address and respond if the Society needs to delete items from the site. I do not wish to have the Society's site attached in any way to my personal site. Really I need to talk to someone personally to sort this out. Obviously I need to prove my right to get involved. President of the Ipswich Genealogical Society is **** ****. Queensland Phone Number ** ********. (Photo of **** is on the Facebook Site, as is a photo or two of myself) My home phone number is ** ********. **** is not a Facebook user so feels she cannot help sort this situation. I know my way around Facebook up to a certain point, but need help with this problem. Please help me reactivate and make the control of the Society's Facebook Page available so that appropriate account details and passwords can be shared with the Society's Executive to ensure we never get to this situation again. If you are not the correct person to assist please pass these details to someone who can help me. ****** ******. Current position is Assistant secretary.
JA: I am Pearl, the computer technician's Assistant. When did you last use the account?
Customer: I have never been able to access this account, nor has any other person currently with the account. We are unsure who did set it up as a couple of member who were active in the Society at the it was set up have since left the Society and the person I mentioned in my message makes herself unavailable.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I have not done so, but some of the recent items & photos may have been submitted by ****** ***** (Vice President). No Member has accessed the account via the Password. If this has been done it may have been achieved by Ms ***** ****** of Saphira Design. She is not being co-operative with Ipswich Genealogical Society so we don;t know what she actually does .
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: We need to know how to make permanent changes or items such as New address etc. and photographs.
Category: Software
Expert:  Kris Rodgers replied 11 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

You are looking to be an admin of the group and you currently are not.

Is this correct?