technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I am suddenly unable to open online pdf's from websites on

Customer Question

Hi, I am suddenly unable to open online pdf's from websites on my PC in IE. I have never had this problem until the past few days. When in IE and I click on a link that should open a pdf, it opens a new window that is either blank or shows the loading bar like its trying to load, but never does. I do not have this problem offline. I have Acrobat Reader DC installed on my PC. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: Quite a bit. I've had it for a few years.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all
Category: Software
Expert:  technicalcat replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Are you able to open PDF's without trouble in any other browser such as chrome or firefox?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I haven't tried to use another browser.

OK. I sent you an offer for remote services, where I could connect directly to your computer and fix this for you while you watch. This would be the fastest, easiest, and most effective way to fix this for you. Would you like remote services?

If not, please try to open the PDF in another browser, and let me know the result and what browser you used. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just tried to open a pdf in Chrome and it seemed to work just fine.

Chrome has a built-in PDF viewer, which is probably why it is working in Chrome.

You likely have something wrong with your settings to open in Internet Explorer.

If you are OK using Chrome to open your PDF's, you can simply continue to do that.

If not, I'd like you to try to open in Firefox, and then tell me the results for more troubleshooting. Thanks.

IMPORTANT: Please click the STARS or ACCEPT button to rate my time and help now. I strive for 5 star excellent service.
Rating costs nothing more, and it's the only way I receive credit for helping you.
Rating does not close the question. I continue to help after positive rating with a satisfaction guarantee, so please rate now. Thank You.