ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

I just got a laptop from my new job. I was trying to take an

Customer Question

I just got a laptop from my new job. I was trying to take an online course for testing. It came up that my adobe flash player needed updating.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Lenovo ThinkPad
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I installed google chrome
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: and HP printer driver
Category: Software
Expert:  ChrisC replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

Have you installed Adobe Flash on the computer yet?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
adobe is installed when I got the computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 11 months ago.

I see that you requested remote assistance, but for some reason it says that your payment failed. Customer service may contact you about that.

In the meantime, I can continue to work with you over chat.

When you say that Adobe was already installed, are you sure you aren't referring to Adobe Reader? Adobe makes several different products.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Listen, the fraud dept just called me on my card.
You were suppose to put a $5 deposit down and AFTER you took care of the issue IF i was satisfied the remaining $33 was to be charged. You not only charged the $5 but also the $33 and tried to charge the $39. Not cool
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want the answer to my Question on the flash driver or i will be reporting you and this website.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Adobe reader is installed
Expert:  ChrisC replied 11 months ago.

I'm not an employee of JustAnswer and have no control over the billing. I'm a customer like you are, just on the other side of the equation.

If you would like the phone number for JustAnswer's customer service I'd be happy to look that up for you.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 11 months ago.

Regarding Adobe, Reader and Flash are two different products. Are you sure that Flash is actually installed?

If the image on the machine was fresh when they gave it to you (i.e. recently installed) then it's possible that you have to install Flash manually.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What website would I be able to securely install it?
Expert:  ChrisC replied 11 months ago.

Give me just a minute to look that up. While I'm doing that, can you tell me what browser you're running?

Expert:  ChrisC replied 11 months ago.

You can install Flash directly from Adobe's site via the following link:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Also, the Google Chrome browser already has Flash installed and it updates automatically. So you can also install Chrome and use it to access the page. You can get Chrome from the following link:

https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html

If you want to try those options and let me know how it goes, I'll standby. If this worked for you, please use the rating box at the top of the screen to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.