Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Bhavik, you did so well fixing my PC I thought I'd throw

Customer Question
Bhavik, you did so well...
Bhavik, you did so well fixing my PC I thought I'd throw another challenge at you. I have an E Machine that is roughly 3 -4 yrs old and has been a work horse. It's running windows 10 and last July I contracted with a company called Drivers Update and they have been doing quite well with keeping all 3 of my computers running with up tp date drivers. However, about 2 weeks ago they were updating 4 drivers and on about the 3 driver update the screen went blank and I lost the use of the monitor, keyboard and mouse. They just quit working. I tried to start up in the safe mode so as to do a recovery but without a keyboard and mouse i am stuck. Any suggestions.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
11/2/2016
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am not sure that you can actually do this, with a disabled system, but the logical thing to try, is to attempt to either do a System Restore back to before the system was disabled, or otherwise revert the system back to workability.

(I realize this is somewhat basic, as advice goes - I'm also aware that you specifically requested Bhavik. So I apologize if this is disappointing, so far, and assure you that I will either extend my first attempt at an answer with further advice, or I will cede the case again until Bhavik picks it up.)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't do a system restore because i can'yt log in

Right. Can you start Safe Mode, though? that menu (the menu where Safe Mode appears at the top as the top-listed option) has System Restore as an option, sometimes... depending upon (unfortunately) specifically allowing it in your system's configuration, in many cases.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I think I'll just take it in to Best Buy or someplace like that.
I am truly sorry I wasted your time

I assure you, you did not waste my time, thanks.

I have Opted Out, in case Bhavik sees this case and soon has a saving suggestion for the problem.

Software technician: Bhavik Joshi, Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Software Engineer

Hi Francis,

What do you see when you try to restart your PC ? If you do not see anything then their may be an issue with the connection of your monitor. Unplug alll the devices and try plugging them back and then restart it.

Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Software Engineer