Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Windows 7, my IE used to remember my ID and PW for many

windows 7, my IE used to remember my ID and PW for many sites' login but ever since I created windows account ID and PW for windows login, IE won't remember them anymore. So I removed the windows ID and PW but still don't remember them. please advise.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Is the problem that IE is no longer ASKING you to save logins , or is the problem that you can't access your PREVIOUSLY SAVED logins?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
before, it saved id and pw or only the ID so I don't have to type them all each time logging in but now it's not saved on most sites

Please go to the following link. After following instructions, let me know if you are able to see any of your previously saved logins at the "Manage Passwords" window.

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-view-backup-passwords-saved-in-internet-explorer/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you please just give me the clear instruction? the page has too much content and it's confusing. If I wanted this, I could have googled it and got one but I need simple instruction. thanks

Step 1: Launch Internet Explorer browser. Click on the small Gear icon (see the below picture) that appears at the upper-right of the browser window (just below caption buttons) and then click Internet Options to open the same.

Step 2: Here, switch to the Content tab.

Step 3: Under AutoComplete tab, click Settings button to open AutoComplete Settings dialog where you need to click Manage Passwords button to open Credential Manager window.

Let me know if you see any of your saved passwords here.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I followed your instruction but I don't see the last page-"Manage Passwords" I attached the page I see.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have IE11

Looks like there may be no saved passwords. I'm out of ideas on this, so will opt out to other experts.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I'm checking on this issue for you.

Please wait a few minutes. Thank you,

Please try the following fix:

1. Close all Internet Explorer windows / websites for now.
  2. Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
  3. Open Network and Internet / Internet Options.
  4. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  5. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  7. Then click on Close.
  8. Then open Internet Explorer, and select default option if prompted and OK.
  9. Then go to a couple of websites, and log in and if prompted, make sure to select the option save password.
  10. Then close Internet Explorer, then re-open it, and go to those two websites again, then see if the passwords / logins are saved or not.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
above #8 instruction, you only select default option if prompted?? but it didn't show

Sorry. After doing the first 7 steps, just open Internet Explorer program, then go to a couple of websites, and log in and if prompted, make sure to select the option save password. Then close Internet Explorer, then re-open it, and go to those two websites again, then see if the passwords / logins are saved or not.

Please let me know. Thank you,

If needed, I recommend to use the Mozilla Firefox internet browser program at the website below:

http://www.firefox.com

Mozilla Firefox is faster and more reliable than IE.

Do you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else?

Please reply back to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's still not saving the id and PW

Sorry, please try this:

- Click on the website below:

http://www.firefox.com

, then there, download and install the Firefox program

; keep default options during installation, and import from browser Internet Explorer when prompted

, then open Mozilla Firefox program, then go to websites in Firefox program, and see if it can save ID and PW fine in the Firefox program.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
but I don't like firefox since I can't install google toolbar but it has only bing. I use google toolbar a lot so I prefer IE not firefox. Please help

- Sorry, can you please click on Start -> Control Panel -> Programs / Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off

, then there, uncheck the Internet Explorer item, then click OK / confirm

; once it's done, restart the computer

, then click on Start -> Control Panel -> Programs / Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off again

, then this time check the Internet Explorer item, then click OK / confirm

, then once done, open IE and check. If needed, restart the computer, and check IE.

- If needed, in Firefox program, you can click on the 3-bar icon at the upper right corner in Firefox program, then click on Options, then set the default Search engine to be Google.

- If needed, can you please try the Googlebar extension in Firefox, and see if you like it or not:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/googlebar-lite/

, or googlebar

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/googlebar/

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Still not saving it

I'm sorry. When was the last time it was working fine? Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ever since I created windows user Pw which was a few months ago. So I removed the Pw but still doesn't have. Creating windows Pw affects saving id and Pw on IE?

No, it should not. It looks like the profile is corrupted. Please try:

1. Go to Start->Control Panel > User Accounts... > User Accounts > Manage another account > Create a new account. Then enter a new account name, then select Administrator option, then Create Account, then set up password ***** you want for it.

2. In IE, press and release the key Alt on the computer's keyboard, then select option Import and export..., then option Export to a file, then Next. Then check all the 3 items there. Then Next. Then Next again, and save where you want. Then transfer those backup files to a USB drive.

3. Then restart the computer, and log in the new account. (It takes awhile for first time.)

4. Transfer those files to the new account.

5. Open IE in the new account, and keep default options.

6. In IE, press and release the key Alt on the computer's keyboard, then select option Import and export..., then option Import from a file, then Next. Then check all the 3 items. Then Next. And browse / select your backup files, and Next, continue.

7. Then log in websites in IE in the new account and save usernames / passwords and check.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried but still the same

So the new account does not save passwords either. Actually, please try the followings first:

- Close IE. Then press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the keyboard, then type services.msc then click OK. Then scroll down, then double-click on the item Protected Storage to open it. Then set the option Startup type to Automatic. Then click on Apply at bottom. Then click on the Start button there, then click OK. Then open IE and check.

- If needed, close IE, then click on Start -> All programs -> Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt, then click on Run as administrator and confirm Yes if shown. Then type exactly the following:

Regsvr32 /u RSABase.dll

, then press Enter key. Then it should show DllUnregisterServer in RSABase.dll succeeded. Then click OK.

, then type:

Regsvr32 RSABase.dll

, then press Enter key. Then it should show DllRegisterServer in RSABase.dll succeeded. Then click OK.

, then close Command Prompt window

, then open IE and check passwords.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Experience: Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.