Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Adobe InDesign CS6 Color Settings question: I have a book,

Customer Question
Adobe InDesign CS6 Color Settings...
Adobe InDesign CS6 Color Settings question:
I have a book, created in InDesign, where every page has a different background color.
On one page, where the background color is C = 36, M =28, Y = 0, K = 0, there are
different text boxes, and one text box, which is a title, has Object>Effects>Drop Shadow.
I export the InDesign file to a pdf file. Unfortunately, when I print this page with a color laser printer, the background color of the title text box is printed as a different color, as
C = 42, M =9, Y = 5, K = 0, but the background colors of all other text boxes remain as
the background color which I set for the whole page: C = 36, M =28, Y = 0, K = 0.
However if I make a jpg file out of this page and import it into Microsoft Word, the
background color is the same for all text boxes.
So this seems to be a problem of InDesign, not a problem of the printer (my printer is
Canon MF726).
How do I have to set Edit>Color Settings so that text boxes with Drop Shadows keep the
same background?
In InDesign I also created a shape with a gradation from C = 36, M =28, Y = 0, K = 0 to white, and the printed pdf file gets a gradation from C = 42, M =9, Y = 5, K = 0 to white.
How do I have to set Edit>Color Settings so that my color C = 36, M =28, Y = 0, K = 0 stays intact?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/19/2016
Software technician: Mr.Med, software engineer replied 1 year ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, software engineer

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Please Try choosing File > Export > Adobe PDF, then choose a PDF preset like PDF/X-3 or High Quality Print which doesn't change colors and supports tcolor management.

let me know if you still need help

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks. When exporting to PDF, it says High Quality Print PDF 1.7, and I cannot change that.
The PDF file prints the wrong colors, but the InDesign file prints the wrong colors also.
Please help. Thanks in advance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I have to set Edit>Color Settings?
  • In InDesign CS6 Choose File > Print.

• If a printer preset has the settings you want, choose it in the Printer Preset menu at the top of the Print dialog box.

• Adjust settings as desired for your page .

• Click Color Management on the left side of the Print dialog box.

• Under Print, select Document.

• For Color Handling, choose Let InDesign Determine Colors.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    I seem to need to set the right color settings in InDesign, not in the print dialog box, because the wrong colors get exported to the PDF file.

Can you try printing the page using another PDF reader ?Please download foxit reader from and try printing https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/

For managing colors in Indesign software :

1. ChooseEdit > Assign Profiles.
    2. For CMYK Profile, select one of the following:
    • Discard (Use CurrentWorking Space)
    • Assign Current Working Space [working space]
    Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    In Assign Profiles it says CMYK Profile: U.S. Web Coated (SWPOP) v2, as it says in Edit>Color Settings.
    I still need help.
    Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    I don't think that a different conversion to PDF would help, because already the InDesign file prints wrongly.
    Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    Saying Discard doesn't help.
    Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    By the way, no matter what my background color is, at a text frame with Drop Shadows it always prints the same wrong color.

Try this :

Edit, click export to PDF, In the output option :

• Colour conversion select : convert to destination (preserve numbers)
    • Destination : Working CMYK - U.S Web Coated (SWOP)v2
    • Scroll down and click Export

Now open the PDF file, in top menu click Advanced, Print production, Convert colors to check printing settings then try to print.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    This export doesn't help. And as I mentioned before, the problem is already in the InDesign file.
    Yes, I still need help. Thanks for your patience.

Can you try to print the page using RGB Colors?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    No, I want CMYK colors. But I solved the problem now myself.
    When I print the InDesign file, in Setup>Preferences>Quality I have to say Objective: Designs (CAD).
    When I print the PDF file, in Properties>Quality I have to say Objective: Designs (CAD).

I'm glad to know that the problem has been resolved, If you have a moment please rate my answer by clicking on one of the stars below, positive rating are appreciated.

only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service, if you are not satisfied.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    Well, sorry, I am not satisfied with your assistance, I had to use my own assistance. So I will not give you any rating or more payment than the initial $5. But thanks for your patience.
    Best Wishes,
    Brigit Ananya
    Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    Please terminate our discussion without me having to rate you.
    Customer reply replied 1 year ago
    It also works to say Quality: Graphics. Good bye, I am just closing my browser now.
    Mr.Med
    Mr.Med
    Mr.Med, software engineer