Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I have adobe photoshop cc 2015.5. I have a macbook brand an

Customer Question
hp monitor. I used to...
I have adobe photoshop cc 2015.5. I have a macbook brand an hp monitor. I used to be able to move photoshop from my mac onto the monitor but lately I have not been able to do so. Photoshop covers my entire mac screen and I am unable to shrink it. I can move individual panels such as the tools menu to my monitor but nothing else. I have rebooted several times, but nothing works. any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
10/18/2016
Software technician: Tarkan Serim, Consultant replied 1 year ago
Tarkan Serim
Tarkan Serim, Consultant

Hi Michael, my name is ***** ***** I would more than happy to help you with your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
let's do it!

Can you let me know if you are using Photoshop on full screen mode? This is accomplished by clicking on the green button on the top left corner of the application. To easily see if you are in the full screen mode, just check your toolbar. If you can't currently see the buttons to close or minimize the application than it means you are in full screen mode

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't see any green bar. All I see is the black screen covering my entire Mac screen with "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 in gray on top of the black screen. Above that, I can see the menu bar. That's it.

Would you like to do a quick remote screen sharing session to move things along faster? This will help me see what you are seeing on your screen, which in turn will help me assist you better.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The black screen will not budge. I have rebooted several times but with the same results.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am responding to you on Safari from my monitor. My computer screen is occupied by the black photoshop screen.

Please give me a minute for me to start the remote session, and we can go on from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My computer will not allow me to download the session because it states that is is from an unidentified developer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It reads : Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers.

To by-pass this you will need to open up System Preferences, go into Security & Privacy section. Once you are there, you will see an option saying "Open Anyway" which will allow the installation to continue for this once.

This allows you to download programs that you actually trust, but your Macbook is not familiar with.

When you get the chance, please let me know if you were able to start the installation or not. If you are having trouble with the installation, we can always do it without the remote session, it might just be more difficult to asses the full situation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying to download Java but am having a hard time

Would you like me to try and resolve the installation issues, or continue without the screen sharing?

To clarify, is that a "yes" to continue without the screen sharing?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Java will not open.

OK no worries! Before we continue, please make sure to save your work on Photoshop if you have any open projects. Once it's saved, please let me know and I can continue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
34;"To open this Web Start application you need to download the Java Runtime Environment"Java will not open. It tells me to click on "Run" to activate, but I could find nothing that says "run".
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing open. Let's go!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't know if you saw earlier posting. Java says to click on "run" to activate, but I could find nothing that says "run".

Alright! So, let's first make sure that you have extended display enabled on your Mac. To do this just follow these steps:

1. Connect and turn on your additional display (which should already be on in your case)
  2. From the Apple (apple logoon the top left of your screen) menu, choose System Preferences.
  3. Choose Displays.
  4. Click the Arrangement tab.
  5. Make sure that the Mirror Displays checkbox isn't selected.

Yes, I did see that message as well. If these steps resolve our issue, we will not need to install Java, as that was only for screen sharing software we use at JustAnswer.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is highlighted is "arrangement".
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The larger monitor image is situated above the smaller computer screen image

So when you are in the "Arrangement" setting, do you see an option towards the bottom of the page that reads "Mirror Displays"?

It should be right under where you see those monitor images

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
u see it

Is the checkbox next to "Mirror Displays" checked or unchecked?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unchecked

OK, that is good. Now in the monitor images, can you let me know how the smaller computer screen is placed as compared to the bigger screen? Is the smaller screen on the left/right/above/below of the bigger one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
smaller is under the larger
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Smaller screen is directly below the larger screen

OK, that helps us as well. Now, can you click anywhere on your MacBook screen and let me know what the gray toolbar reads?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when i click on the gray toolbar it shows me my photoshop option for the eraser tool
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can also see my toolbar menu to the left and some other menus to the right

Is your MacBook screen still black as you mentioned in the beginning, with just the gray toolbar reading Photoshop?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If i do not click onto the gray bar, it just reads adobe photoshop cc 2015.5 and the black screen. when i click onto the gray bar, that's when the eraser tool etc. are visible

OK, this helps as well. Now let's try this. Click anywhere on the black area of your MacBook screen and on your keyboard press the following combination: Control + Command + F

Let me know if this changes anything on your screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing changed. I tried taking a photo of the screen to send to you but I don't think you got it.

I did not get the photo unfortunately.

Let's try this now, again on your MacBook screen, where you see the gray toolbar that says Photoshop, there should be an option that reads "View". Once you click "View" all the way at the bottom, there is an option that either reads "Enter Full Screen" or "Exit Full Screen". Can you let me know if it says Enter or Exit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In view all options are frayed out except proof set up, screen mode and show. In screen mode, the sidebar says standard screen mode which is highlighted and checked
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Grayed out, not frayed out. Sorry

No problem Michael! It looks like this is a situation that I have not encountered before based on your answers, so I am going to opt-out to allow a more senior expert to jump in and help you, is that OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The "show" option is all Grayed out except for "show extra option"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have about another 30 minutes free and then I need to leave.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It looks as though I will not hear from another technician before tomorrow. Is this correct? If so, I will sign off now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I figured it out.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist