Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

After having so much trouble with windows 10 updates. I had

Customer Question

After having so much trouble with windows 10 updates. I had windows 7 reinstalled. Now it won't update anything. I can only use it for e-mails. I tried different things, It says to click the download tool, I can't find it anywhere....
Category: Software
Expert:  Byron replied 12 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Is Windows Update checking for updates for hours and hours and never finding anything?

Expert:  Byron replied 12 months ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Expert:  Byron replied 12 months ago.

Do you want to go back to Windows 10 or would you like to get the Windows 7 updates working instead?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Byron replied 12 months ago.

Please use the "Type your reply here" box below to communicate with me. Click Send when finished

typing and I'll be able to see it.

Expert:  Byron replied 12 months ago.

Microsoft recently updated the Windows Update client for Windows 7. The Windows 7 install disk you used won't contain the newest client that works. To correct that download and install the latest client from here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3138612

If you have 64 bit windows use the x64 download

if you have 32 bit windows use the x86 download

Let me know the result please.

Expert:  Byron replied 12 months ago.

Good morning. Do you still need assistance with this issue?