Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have P Elements 10. I tried a Trial Version of 14 and

Customer Question

I have P Elements 10. I tried a Trial Version of 14 and cancelled it because of how it mislabled the pictures that transferred over and the mandatory GPS location feature; just extra work. However, I just had the following message appear after being locked out of using my 10 product - "Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files (x... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. I'm guessing you don't support Elements 10 anymore but I"m hoping I can salvage it with a little help that I'm willing to pay for if that's what it takes. Respectfully, ***** *****
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Okay, so what happened was.....when you installed the Trial version of 14......it overwrote to the directory where 10 was stored.

Unfortunatley, that corrupted the 10 files.

So.....you have to Uninstall 10, and then REinstall it.

Or, if its an option......try to REPAIR the 10 install.

Go into your Prgrams and Features (in the Control Panel) and see if you can repair the 10 program.

Select it, and up at the top you should see Uninstall and/or Repair.

Or, the Uninstall program might have a repair tool.

How did you initially install 10 on this computer?

Did you have the discs?

Did you buy it online, and then install it from a file?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex: I am unable to repair it as per your suggestions. Charge me what you think is fair. John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
However, as to what is fair - I don't think the advice is worth $52. I will say no to that charge and you can contact me by phone to discuss.

You havent paid anything yet.

only when you accept my answer, and rate me 3 or more stars does a payment go thru.

So, at this point no charges were made......only a charge hold......pending charge.

Atleast thats how i see it on my end.

But if you want exact details you would have to contact customer service

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex: are you able to call me at the phone number I gave you above and we can discuss. John

No John, unless you pay for the premium service that involves a phone call, I will not call you.

This website works in a VERY specific way, and I am not allowed to call just because you asked.....this is a PAY for SERVICE type of thing.

If you would like me to make a premium service request that you can accept (which is a payment)....THEN I can call you.

Make Sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm only asking for the call to discuss the payment amount since your suggestions brought no results. If we can't discuss that, then I'll have to protest what you've charged me. Sincerely, John

John,

I am NOT customer service.......I am a Expert......I cant discuss your account or charges.

I do NOT have access to your account information....ONLY customer service does.

All i can tell y ou at this point, is that YOU have NOT accepted my Answer.....therefore....you have NOT been charged.

If you see charges on your Credit card.....then call customer service.

(###) ###-####/p>
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
Please tell me if you still require assistance with the Photoshop Elements 10 issue?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.