Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

I want to add a watermark to all pages in a doc. when i ask

Customer Question

i want to add a watermark to all pages in a doc. when i ask 'tell me what to do' and then say 'add watermark', it adds the watermark to just the one page, without showing me how i can do it myself - and for the whole doc. i tried selecting the whole doc first but that made no difference
i don't want you to add the watermark for me.....i want to know how to do it myself!!
Category: Software
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

you are trying to add water marks or which program files?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
word
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Which version of Ms Word?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2016
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Open a new doc on word

Click the Design tab.
In the Page Background group, click the Watermark button.
A menu plops down with a host of predefined watermarks that you can safely duck behind the text on your document’s pages.
Choose a watermark from the menu.
The watermark is applied to every page in your document.
To remove your document’s pages of the watermark, choose the Remove Watermark command in Step 3.

To customize the watermark, choose the Custom Watermark command from the Watermark menu. Use the Printed Watermark dialog box to create your own watermark text, or import an image, such as your company logo.

The watermark appears on all pages in a document. It’s unaffected by section breaks.

If the watermark doesn’t show up in the printed document, you may need to enable the Print Background Colors and Images setting.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how do i apply a watermark to a whole docx that already exists? It used to be possible to do this but the function has been removed. i am unhappy.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

have you tried a new doc with few pages and the watermark should be in all pages.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
that worked
i cut and pasted the old doc into the new one and the watermark is present on all pages
but some of the formatting has changed - line spacing, font size, pagination is what i've found so far
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Watermark question i have answered your question i hope you are happy with it, other settings you will have to make minor changes to the fonts and line spacing.

From the new doc follow the steps i gave from the very beginning then there will be no problem of spacing lines and font etc.

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service and effort.Thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no you haven't told me how to add a watermark to an existing docx without altering formatting.
I decline to pay for this non-service.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 9 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no i don't want to incur an additional cost
and i don't want to pay for the service i didn't get
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
rating is dissatisfied
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
you have already charged my account for an unsatisfactory service - see below
i demand a refund of all charges02 Oct 2016 Open transaction details PENDING - JUSTANSWER EXPERTHLP***********, 1002
LAST 4 CARD DIGITS 3201 -$92.37
02 Oct 2016 Open transaction details PENDING - JUSTANSWER EXPERTHLP***********, 1002
LAST 4 CARD DIGITS 3201 -$5.13

Hello sir, I can check the issue remotely without any additional cost. Please let me know if you are interested. If you do not want to proceed, I can file this for refund. If you want to proceed with Remote support, please let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just refund pls