Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Endless pop up alerts

Customer Question
Endless pop up alerts
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
10/2/2016
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, when did you first notice all the popups, today ? Or has this been happening for a while?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Windows 9
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Or 8 I believe
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pop ups for a while

Hi, by the time you responded I was off shift for the day.

Lets start by running a second opinion virus scanner.. Even if you already have a virus scanner we need to run this

http://www.surfright.nl/en

Download it, then open it , install it, and run it.. If it finds any red or grey items let me know..

When it completes, right click the top item, then click apply to all > delete

Then click next.. Then click activate free license, type your email address in twice and then click next again.

Once it activates and removes the viruses it found.. Restart your computer.. Then, for good measure reset chrome, since chrome was showing too many popups.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hitman pro is what I ran and downloaded now my computer is rebooting

T hanks, once rebooted let me know the status, and we can consider further steps if needed.

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still pop ups
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hrkle
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. For the last day and a half Ive been away from work.

If you still need help with this issue, I may need to connect to your computer directly to fix the issue, just so I can see what the actual problem is.

let me know if you still need help with this issue or not, when you can. Thank you,

Dustin S