Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am trying to package an Adobe Indesign file that I have

Customer Question

I am trying to package an Adobe Indesign file that I have created in InDesign CS6. Packaging fails with a message that reads "Cannot copy necessary linked files(s). However, the links are all there. I am able to generate a pdf from the InDesign file, so why does packaging fail?
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 10 months ago.

Hi Geoff, how are you?

Check to make sure you have sufficient space and permissions in the folder you're creating the package and try to make it in a folder separate to the one with the original files.

Once you've done that, check the files and make sure none of them have forward slashes (/) as they tend to cause this problem as well.

Let me know how you go and if you still need help I can connect remotely and help you directly.