Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I have forgotten my Adobe Flash Player password and i can"t

Customer Question
I have forgotten my Adobe...
I have forgotten my Adobe Flash Player password ***** i can"t download the newest version
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: i don't remember
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i tried today
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
9/23/2016
Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Are you on a windows or a mac computer and which version?

Please let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
mac

ok, you will have to reset the password

To do this

Power off the Mac

Right after you hear the chime, press and hold the Command and the R keys for a few seconds, then release. Soon, you'll see the Apple logo and spinning gear (or progress bar).

This will force the Mac to boot into OS X on the Recovery Partition that was created when you installed

When booting is complete, you'll see a window of "OS X Utilities." You won't do anything there. Instead, you'll go to the Menu bar at the top and select Utilities > Terminal.

In the terminal window type the following and hit Return.

resetpassword

A new window will open, like this:

http://www.macobserver.com/imgs/tmo_articles/20140617resetpassword1a.jpg

Click on the the main volume, then select the desired user account name in the popup. Then enter the new password (twice). A password ***** is optional. Click "Save."

Go back to the Apple Menu at the top. Select OS X Utilities > Quit OS X Utilities. That will prompt you to restart the Mac.

When the Mac restarts normally, you'll be able to use that password

Let me know the results please

Richard, Software Specialist