Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I doubt it. I've just learned some upsetting news that I

Customer Question

I doubt it. I've just learned some upsetting news that I cannot access my own Printmaster Platinum 18 files that I've created over the years. My old computer was giving out, so before I chance losing everything, I got a new computer, and of course is Windows 10, 64 bit. I thought I'd be in good shape, But Windows 10 does not support my PM 18 and Printmaster is saying that their new version v7 will not imiport PM 18 projects. I have 135 files that most are of my own designs, so I am upset and should have hung onto my old computer a little longer so I could at least access my own files.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP Pavilion, Windows 10, 64 bit
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. But PM 18 is not compatible with windows 10, not even windows 8
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just hope there is a way around this issue and that I can access and hopefully edit my own projects. or at least be able to convert my PM 18 files into a .jpeg so I can at least view and use my own designs.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 10 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, but thanks anyway, I do not want to do remote tech support. Because there is no problem with my computer, the problem is that Windows 10 will NOT accept an old software program I have. And I've already contacted the software company, and they do not have another version that is compatible with Win 10 that will also import my old project files from the old software. I'm just out of luck! That there is no way to access or import my old files.

But, there is solutions for that and that is why I suggested Remote support. I can install Virtual machine and supporting os on your windows 0. So you can run the old OS on that virtual machine.

Regards

Jins