Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

On a PC with Google Chrome, how do I get rid of the annoying

Customer Question
popup windows....
On a PC with Google Chrome, how do I get rid of the annoying popup windows.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
9/17/2016
Software technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 year ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello Genia,

I will help you now. Please tell me more details about the pop ups. Do you get them constantly on every site, or only on certain websites? If you go to google.com do you get popups there too?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I haven't really noticed but I get them all the time but I have not seen one on google.com.

If you get them very often, you may likely have a malware problem. Would you like for me to connect directly to your computer to fix this up while you watch and communicate with me?

If you don't want remote services, and want to continue with Q&A, please tell me more about these popups. What do they say? What websites do they show up on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

http://www.losgatoschamber.com/

What do the popups say?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I've gotten some Facebook ones and the last one was for a medical service.

You do appear to have malware on the computer, so I really need to know exactly what they say. If possible, take a screen capture and send it to me as a reply here. thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

OK, but it may take awhile. I am running Malwarebytes now.

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

No viruses found by Malwarebytes.

yes, unfortunately removing malware often is not as easy as running malwarebytes. if you are getting popups on sites that don't have the popups you are seeing, then you certainly have malware. this is why i suggested the remote connection, as it's pretty much the only way i can access your computer and clean things up. if you'd like to try, there is a satisfaction guarantee if I'm not able to clean it up properly for you. just let me know how you'd like to proceed. thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I'll give it some thought an then get back to you with some evidence.

ok

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist