Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Is there a software similar to mint.com that budgets from

Customer Question

Is there a software similar to mint.com that budgets from your credit card bills but is private on your computer?
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

By 'private on your computer', do you mean, it has no internet connection?

(I'm not mentioning the possibility, of software that simply can have the internet connection built into it shut down or shut off... anyone can deprive their computer of the internet connection to it for that result, so it applies to all and any software.)

A spreadsheet would be ideal, of course: it can be standalone on your computer. You enter everything manually, you see the results.

But what exactly do you mean, in point of what-you-enter as data on the credit card balances, and where it comes from? please let me know, so that I can answer your question rightly and fully.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mint.com pulls information from your credit card statement to create a budget for you but the serves ads and your info is living in the cloud. Is there some software I can download that does similar thing but does not serve ads and my financial info is just on my computer.?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Serving ads means the software will be more expensive, since it won't be supported by ad revenue. Do you mean you want free software for financial management, but without ads? or would you settle for more expensive than that?

There is probably something to meet your needs... but the question of whether it could cost anything, has to be raised at this point.

And also, if the software needs to take data from your c.c. statement, in what form would that statement be, to give or provide data to the software? On paper and typed in? or some other form?

With that info, I can give you an answer I think.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want something where my financial info doesn't live in the cloud but just on my desktop. I don't want to type in information. I want it to pull from existing credit card statements.