Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

About an hour ago I got a pop up saying my computer may have

Customer Question

About an hour ago I got a pop up saying my computer may have been hacked. If I purchase your protection, will my computer be checked so that this person does not have the ability to see my private info?
JA: I'm the Software Technician's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Yes, but will your Technician check my computer so that my private info cannot be seen by this person that called me and said my computer was not protected?
JA: I'm the Software Technician's Assistant. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: what type of help are you talking avout?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP ProBook S-series. What do you mean by operating system?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What do you mean by troubleshooting?
JA: The software expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I just want to know if my computer is protected from this person that called so my private info cannot be seen and hacked by their company.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 11 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Generally speaking, as long as you didn't install any of their software or anything like that, you are safe. Do you want me to start a secure remote assistance session so that I can verify that you are safe?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason