Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I can link text to URL addresses and email etc. but have not

Customer Question
been able to hyperlink graphics...
I can link text to URL addresses and email etc. but have not been able to hyperlink graphics, photos etc. What do I do different. Using InDesign 4.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
8/22/2016
Software technician: techoflegend, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
techoflegend
techoflegend, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

Drag a square over the picture you wish to hyperlink. That should 'marquee select' that picture, and you can tell because it has a box of dashes around it. Once that picture is marquee selected, right click and select 'hyperlink'. Does this work for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am sorry I am not following what I am supposed to do. I have placed a graphic on a InDesign page (in mac) and I want my reader to be able to click on the pdf I make, and have him be able to go to an assigned web page link.

Ah, you're on a Mac. Ok, once second.

Select your picture, then hold down on the CTRL key on your keyboard, then click the graphic. Do you then see the option for hyperlink?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well I discovered the problem. The web page my client gave me to link to, is a secured site which I cannot go to in order to double check that it connected. So, It was working all the time but not for me. Do I have any recourse on the fee?

I'm just a tech, any issues with money please email***@******.*** thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. thank you

You're welcome!

techoflegend
techoflegend