Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I have windows 10. It says my dolby sound is not connected.

Customer Question
I have windows 10....
I have windows 10. It says my dolby sound is not connected. I can't use Cortana. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
8/17/2016
Software technician: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 year ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This may be a little difficult on written support. Can you press your windows key + S? Type in audio in the search

and then manage audio and get to it?

Why cant you use cortana?

And also, was it working before today? If so, when?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I don't want securely connect. It did that before I saw there was an additional amount for it. Please undo.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Incidentally, Cortana can't speak to me if I don't have the dolby sound connected
Software technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me if you have the sound on your computer - for example, when you play the music or videos?

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do have sound on my computer

Hello! Thanks for the update!

Please check how many playback and recording devices you see.

Do the following:

Locate the Speaker icon near the clock (bottom right corner) and right-click it and then select Playback devices

If you don't see the Speaker icon there, access the Control Panel and click on the Hardware and Sound category and then click on Sound

It will open the Playback tab. Check how many devices you see there.

Click on the Recording tab and check how many devices you see there as well.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know if you were able to follow my instructions.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you but I don't need further assistance. It didn't work the way you suggested; it was just a start. I looked around until I could find what I needed and Cortana is working as well as Dolby. Thanks again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh, I won't be needing your services any further.

No problem. I am glad the problem has been solved!

Regards,

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist