Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

On 2/25/16, I had Office depot add McAfee protection to my

Customer Question
Good afternoon, On 2/25/16, I...
Good afternoon, On 2/25/16, I had Office depot add McAfee protection to my laptop, and lately have had problems, mainly because I try to fix things, and then it is really not working right.
I went to the Office Depot icon and will paste what is said! I am worried about viruses and fact everything is messed up!
Remove unwanted software
Your computer was reviewed for the presence of unwanted software programs. The unwanted programs were removed to optimize the performance of your computer.
Removed Programs
◦Chromium
◦KNCTR
◦One System Care
◦Search Provided by Yahoo
◦Yahoo! Messenger
◦Yahoo! Toolbar
•Review security software
Your system was checked for the status of your antivirus, antispyware and firewall protection.
• Delete unwanted folders and menu items
Your computer was reviewed for the presence of empty folders, unwanted files and redundant program menu folders and icons. The unwanted items were removed from your computer.
Folder(s)
◦ C:\ProgramData\WildTangent
•Install and configure McAfee LiveSafe
Thank you for your recent McAfee Security purchase. Your McAfee LiveSafe Subscription includes Virus Removal Phone Support. If you need help removing a virus, contact McAfee support at 1(866)(###) ###-####to redeem this service. For online product support, Virus Removal Phone Support, questions about your purchase or other inquiries, visit http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS
•McAfee Registration tool
We were unable to register your copy of McAfee because the email address you supplied was already in use. It is important to register McAfee in order to continue to receive virus definition updates past the initial 15 days. Please check your records for any previous accounts you may have with McAfee and take a moment to register by right-clicking on the McAfee icon in your system tray in the lower-right corner of your screen and selecting Activate Product from the pop-up menu. If you have forgotten your McAfee password, go to https://home.mcafee.com/Secure/Protected/Login.aspx and click on the 'Forgot Your Password?' link.
•McAfee 1 year virus guarantee
McAfee 1 year virus guarantee support was set successfully on your device.
• Perform system optimizations
Your computer was optimized for better performance and maintenance. The following optimizations were made.
Optimized
◦Clear Internet Explorer Cache
◦Empty Recycle Bin
◦Show desktop icons
◦Optmize Power settings for power saving
◦Clear Local Shared Objects
◦Clear IE UserData
Optimal
◦Configure Recycle Bin Size
◦Remove Windows Mail Splash Screen
◦Configure simultaneous downloads in Internet Explorer
◦Disable Script Debugger
◦Enable CD-ROM Autoplay
◦Set Internet Explorer Cache Size
◦Disable Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service
◦Disable SNMP Trap Service
◦Disable WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto Discovery Service
◦Disable Problem Reports and Solutions Control Panel Support Service
◦Set Netlogon Service to Manual Start
◦Disable Internet Connection Sharing Service
◦Remove temporary files from all user profiles
◦Set Distributed Link Tracking Client Service to Manual Start
◦Configure Windows Media player in Windows 7 for best performance
◦Open links from other programs in a new tab
◦Disable Adaptive Brightness Service
◦Automatically close Non-Responding applications
◦Disable Log On Screen Text Shadow
◦Run startup scripts asynchronously
◦Speed up shut down process
◦Show all folders in the explorer
•Install and run PC Support Agent
We have installed the OfficeDepot PC Support Agent which provides you the value of ongoing lite tunes and recommends services for purchase when it detects something on the PC that needs attention.
• Perform service wrap-up tasks
To complete the service, your computer was reviewed and given a final clean-up.
◦Empty Recycle Bin
◦Delete browser history
◦Clear IE Temporary Files
◦Verify the optical drives
For any PC related problems visit http://officedepot.support.com or CALL 1-***-***-****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
8/12/2016
Software technician: techoflegend, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
techoflegend
techoflegend, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help!

What version of Windows is on your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
at one point it was windows 10
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am very broke now, what will total amount be?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought I was getting a week free trial!
Software technician: Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 year ago
Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Paula, the previous expert opted out, and left, and I iwll be taking over.

.

Office Depot is really not the best place to have yoru computer worked on or serviced.

.

YOur week free trial, i have not heard of.....and in order to vett that out, and inquire about that, you would HAVE to speak with customer service.

I am NOT customer service.....I am the expert, and am only allowed to help with the customer questions.

If you would like to know more about your account, and billing, and free week trials, you will need to call justanswer customer support.

They need to verify WHO you are and your account, so please have that ready when you call.

.

YOu may want to do that BEFORE we work on your computer issue, as you dont want to THINK its FREE, when its really not.

JustAnswer.com Customer Support Phone Number:(###) ###-####/p>

Payment Hotline:(###) ###-####/p>

I have submitted a report for the JustAnswer Moderator to CONTACT YOU, but that may take some time, as they may be busy (usually within 24 hours)

.

Best solution is for YOU to call in, using the number i have given you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I may do this next Wednesday when I have more money! I will call customer service! Thanks

Your welcome, please take a moment to RATE my performance.

Thank you!

Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070