Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I have a new dell pc with Windows 10 pro installed. I am

Customer Question
Hi there. I have a...
Hi there. I have a new dell pc with Windows 10 pro installed. I am trying to use iCloud control panel that allows the PC to utilize your contacts calendars etc with iCloud via outlook 2016.However it doesn't operate. When I click the Check box for use contacts calendars via the icloud control panel either doesn't stay checked or with say "setting up" for hours. With no luck either way.I do know that outlook 2016 will work with Windows 10 as my other computer which is win 10 and outlook 2016 works fine.*** Also if you know WIn 10 & outlook, is there a way way outlook is Closed (not minimized) that is a new email arrives that No sounds happens ? i would only want sound when Outlook is open.thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was working - but isnt any longer....
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/9/2016
Software technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 1 year ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

I understand you are trying to get iCloud to load contacts into Outlook. Is this correct?

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
icloud control panel (for Windows desktop (Win 10)) is not working. it should be be allowing the syncing of contacts & calendarsthx
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
for outlook 2016

I see - could I connect to your PC and resolve for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you think this is something you can easily resolve ?i will be home around 3pm PT today

I don't know how easily but It will be resolved. 100%.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you around this afternoon 3pm pt ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
$39 is a little steep

Is 7PM any use?

Sorry it is so late!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what time zone - i dont think i can do $39, sorry

Central time - I can adjust it to $21 this is the lowest I could do it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
$21 is fair, but what about earlier ?

What time is best for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
530 CT ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
does that work ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you familar with the apple icloud control panel for PC's - for outlook ?

Yes I am.

Yes that time will be OK, please give me a shout when

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks - will we be able to communicate during the process, as i want to understand what the process is that you are doing to the computer etcthx !!!!

We can type on your screen no issues :)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry was caught in traffic
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you available ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello ????

Hi

You need to accept the remote support.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what time are we mtg to resolve this ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello KT ?

I'm here but If you do not accept the support i cannot do it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where were you yesterday ? also we agreed on $21
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where were you yesterday ?

Hi

I did try but you did not accept the remote request? Is now OK?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what times work for you ??????
Software technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****

It looks like the previous Expert is not always accessible. I can continue assisting you if you like.

Let me know,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi there - I need assistance, as we never got startedI have a new dell pc with Windows 10 pro installed. I am trying to use iCloud control panel that allows the PC to utilize your contacts calendars etc with iCloud via outlook 2016.However it doesn't operate. When I click the Check box for use contacts calendars via the icloud controlpanel either doesn't stay checked or with say "setting up" for hours. With no luck either way.I do know that outlook 2016 will work with Windows 10 as my other computer which is win 10 and outlook 2016 works fine.thx

Yes, Outlook 2016 works fine with Windows 10.

Has iCloud Control Panel worked before? If so, when did it stop working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it was working - then earlier this week it stopped. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, etc - not luckI need icloud control panel to sync windows / outlook 2016 with contacts calendarscan you help ?

Thanks for the information!

I can help you with the issue you described; however, since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a secure remote session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.

Let me if you would like that.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
as long as we can be in constant contact and prior to any changes to my pc we discuss themok ?

Of course.

Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:

Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6a937a8f-8673-4f5c-a807-36edbc4df754

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thx

Connected.

Remote assistance notes:

Unfortunately, iCloud Control Panel is still not working.

I suggested using an alternative sync program - Topalt Sync for Outlook. It comes in two versions:

1. Outlook integration (no external program window needed)

2. Stand-alone version (external program window - similar to iCloud Control Panel)

Here are the download links for both versions, should you want to try them:

Topalt Sync for Outlook - Outlook integration - DOWNLOAD LINK

Topalt Sync for Outlook - Stand-alone version - DOWNLOAD LINK

Regards,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist