Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Getting error 315 in Quark 2016 when opening files is

attempted....
Getting error 315 in Quark 2016 when opening files is attempted.
8/9/2016
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Error: "File is locked. Changes cannot be saved (315)."

This problem generally occurs when opening the file if:

• The document doesn't have full read and write permissions.
  • The document is already open on a different machine.
  • The document is corrupted.

Make sure you have full read and write access to the QuarkXPress file; whether it is saved on your desktop or on a server.

Confirm that the file is not open on any other computer. If it is open on another computer, close the QuarkXPress file and then try to open it again on the computer where the error message was received.

If the QuarkXPress file has full read and write permissions and you are still not able to open the file, then it might be possible the file is corrupted.

Note: If you are able to open the file but are not able to save it, then save as the file to different location or save the file with a different name.

Did you give full permissions? check the read/write permissions in Quark for the file. If you dont know how or need further

suggestions, let me know.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Isaac Franklin
I am underground with poor cell service lately.

This has to be done with your mac.

To start, click the apple sign at the top left of screen.
Then click system preferences, then security and privacy,
at the bottom of that screen, click the bubble to
ALLOW APPS FROM ANYWHERE, if you cannot click
the bubble, then click the lock at bottom left, then
type in your Mac login password.
THEN, click the bubble to allow apps from anywhere.

Next, To start the connection, please click this link

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=40b0a848-5683-48b3-ade4-f4c217dd0c9b&Type=Java

On the next page, scroll down and click the agree button..

It should then download a java elsinore bootstrapper client to your downloads folder.

Click the down arrow at the top right of safari or firefox and open your downloads, double click the java bootstrapper file.

Open it, install it, and if java pops up asking you to run it, click run. That will connect us.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know so I can help you! (if it says install java, please do so. it is normal)

It was a pleasure helping you today. As requested, if you need me in the future for other issues, please

use the directions below.

In the future you can request me personally by typing your question inside the question box on my page below where it says " ask you question"

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-isaacfranklin/?rpt=3800

To ensure the question goes to me specifically and isnt picked up by other personnel, please start your questions with the text " For Franklin only "