Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

For some reason my computer with windows 7 will not allow me

Customer Question

For some reason my computer with windows 7 will not allow me to download google earth.
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Could you please let me know what it shows when you try to download and install google earth?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
on the lower left of my screen there is an arrow that points down. It moves lower and disappears. Then nothing.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you there?
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Yes i am here.

On which web browser (Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome )are you trying to download google earth ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
chrome
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK did you check in the downloads folder to see if it got already downloaded?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

While you are in the chrome press CTRL + J key that will open downloads page in chrome see if you can find google earth set up file in it and let me know

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Were you able to open downloads page in Chrome and find google earth set up file ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
John,
Thanks, ***** ***** think I do not need it on this computer. I have to leave. Maybe I will try again later.
Thanks,
Mark
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

I am confused do you mean you were checking for google earth on the PC that doesn't need google earth to be installed ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry if you are confused. So am I. I just decided to stop trying now I am 69 years old and I do not have the desire to continue today.
Thanks
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK i can understand.if you want to continue later post a reply in this page and we can continue also i can remote access to your problematic computer and download and install google earth for you.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
John,
I cannot afford to spend 39 dollars just to get something I might use once a year. I will be 70 in October and I am tired of computers.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK no problem, i can do remote support for less which we can discuss later when you are ready to continue.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

It seems like the system is stuck so i restarted also i got disconnected too so let me know once you are back online.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please stop sending me questions. I am not interested any more. Thanks
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

I was only trying to help you,if you are not interested continue i will request customer service to close this question.

Sincerely,