Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

When my CPU boots it ask password but none is set. Windows

Customer Question
When my CPU boots it...
When my CPU boots it ask for a password ***** none is set. Windows 10.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
7/13/2016
Software technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 year ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Is this a laptop or a desktop computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Desk top. According to what I read on set up a jumper wire must be removed to activate the pass password *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I received your request for remote assistance, but I can not connect to a computer that is currently password ***** I need to assist you this way so we can get rid of the problem.

You mention a jumper wire. That is actually fairly rare on modern computers, and would only be part of a secure BIOS password.

Please take a look at the pictures linked below. The first one is a picture of a screen asking for a BIOS password. The second is a Windows login screen. Tell me which one looks like yours. **NOTE: A bios password ***** will not have much color and no graphics. It will be a text password ***** and will pop up immediately when you power on your computer (before the computer boots).

http://pad2.whstatic.com/images/thumb/5/5b/Clear-BIOS-Password-Step-20.jpg/aid1377642-728px-Clear-BIOS-Password-Step-20.jpg

http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/ximg_55b4dd215894d.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.1xaRdGhy9t.png

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I cannot open the two screens you sent me because they are password ***** also I have requested a telephone conference call with you because you cannot access my computer because of the password

No, theses are links to pictures on the internet. They are NOT password ***** Please try to click on them again, and let me know which one looks like your screen.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No they're not when I open the screen in the center of the screen it says the word password ***** put in password ***** nothing happens

Are you using the same computer you are having the password ***** with to chat with me and view these pictures right now, or are you using a different computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My background how does a VP of operations of last 15 years before I retired my main job with manufacturing I was responsible for approving the computers that were used to ship of those systems currently I'm retired 79 years old.
I am communicating with you on my Droid cell phone I can't use my computer it doesn't work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am using my Droid cell phone to communicate with you

You'll need to open the pictures even if i call you, so we know what kind of password ***** have there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You are right there may be something wrong with my phone I wanted to settings and try to cover everything and login screen but it still doesn't work how about a phone call and we can get on with solving this problem

The problem is a phonecall isn't going to help us at this point.

Let's try this another way. Turn your computer completely off, and unplug power to it from the wall. Then plug the computer back in, and push the power button. Describe to me exactly what you see happen, including the password ***** and tell me exactly what that screen looks like to you. Also, tell me if there is any image/picture on the screen when you are prompted for the password.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have two pictures of the screen how do I send them to you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will not be available until after 2 p.m. today
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay I'm available I don't think you guys want to do this job so while we saw her our agreement and I'll go find somebody else and you can charge me you're like $35 or whatever will
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Software technician: comp_audio, Other replied 1 year ago
comp_audio
comp_audio, Other

Hello. If you're still needing assistance I'm willing to help. Please get back to me at your earliest convenience so that we may continue if necessary. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took my computer to a repair shop in Murphy's California
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist